Re: gold key for edt mode

Hi,

I took Johns advice and used his edt.sl from jedsoft.org/test and
after another modification I got it working on windows and linux.
Then I went ahead and implemented my keydefs.h that I announced
earlier, in order to get the EDT mode (and WMARK) mode working
with identical edt.sl and wmark.sl files. I also took the liberty
of inserting a few lines at the beginning of edt.sl that define
a default, system independant gold key (KP_7) in case you do not
set one in your jed.rc.  Without a change in the code I think
it is impossible to get Numlock working in all cases on all hosts.
With KP_7 I can and it is close enough to Numlock that you get
used to it in a really short time...

So I tested this set of SLang files (keydefs.sl, edt wmark and menus)
on Windows XP and on a Linux host, connected via Teraterm.
And on the Linux host when being logged in via the console.
They all work fine!
Then I started "xwin32" and xjed - typing in the TeraTerm window - and
xjed pops up on my Windows machine. That too works fine !

There is one problem however with the keypad keys '/' '*' and '-'.
The characters get inserted in the buffer in stead of doing the
functions that are defined by the (VT220) keys PF2, PF3 and PF4.

I looked in the source code and found that these keys simply do not
generate the right escape sequence (like defined by VT220). I made
a change in the code, recompiled xjed and voila: xjed works and
these keys behave exactly the same as jed on Windows!

If you want to take a look at my code via: www.hef.ru.nl/~thei/JED/
Comments are welcome!

         Thei.