Re: jed, edt and keydefs

Thei Wijnen <t.wijnen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Concerning the Show Key function:
>I have redefined the GOLD key to be Key_Num_7 and when I want to
>see which function is bound to GOLD-A I get:
>Key "ESC O w" runs the S-Lang function " . '\e' 'O' 'P'
>ungetkey ungetkey ungetkey".
>So I only get to see what Key_Num_7 does... I can not see any of
>the GOLD functions. Feature or bug ?  :)

The showkey function shows what a single key does.  In this case, the
GOLD key performs an action all by it self: it pushes "\eOP" onto the
input stream.  That is, it maps the key you have defined to be GOLD to
the GOLD key found on a vtxxx terminal.

You might try binding

   define showkey_gold ()
   {
      ungetkey ('P');
      ungetkey ('O');
      ungetkey ('\e');
      showkey ();
   }
to some key.  When prompted by "Show Key", press only the key to be
modified by the GOLD key--- not the GOLD key prefix.

>For the graphic or simple line drawing menus: I usually work
>on a Windows PC and have a ssh-terminal connected to a Linux host.
>I do not know how to change settings in Teraterm or F-secure or
>on the Linux host system to get it right. That's why I would like
>to change it in my jed.rc -- it seems much simpler.

You can use

   Simulate_Graphic_Chars = 1;

to achieve this.  You may want to set this to a value that depends
upon the terminal, e.g.,

   Simulate_Graphic_Chars = ("xterm" != getenv ("TERM"));