Re: Proposed new addition to Jed...

Morten Bo Johansen <mbj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>However, you can not cheat the read_with_completion () function to skip
>the minibuffer prompt and just pop up the completions window, can you?

I am not sure what you mean.  Do you mean this?

define read_with_completion_show_now ()
{
   variable args = __pop_args (_NARGS);
   ungetkey ('\t');
   return read_with_completion (__push_args (args));
}
read_with_completion_show_now ("Larry,Curly,Moe", "Favorite Stooge:",
			       "Larry", "", 's');

If you want to skip the prompt altogether, then why call
read_with_completion?  It would be better to write the possible
completions to a buffer and then use the pop2buf function.