Re: Proposed new addition to Jed...

G. Milde <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, there is a dict mode (by Paul Boekholt) in the Jedmodes repository
> already. However, it requires an additional slang module (and hence Slang2,
> Jed >= 0.99.17).
>
> If Morten agrees, I will upload his dict mode as well (and mine too ;-).

What about yours and Paul's interfaces ...do they provide the same
functionality as mine? In that case there is no need to upload it, so
we'll have three files, all named "dict"-something and with overlapping
functionality.

If my interface is different from yours and Paul's, then you can upload
it, but before you do, I would like to make a few changes. Then I'll send
it to you.

One change I would like to make, btw., is that it would be nice if the
*Completions* buffer just popped up upon invoking the function, so that
you did not have to hit <tab> to leave the minibuffer. With the
thesaurus, I suppose most people just want to get the whole list of
synonyms right away.

However, you can not cheat the read_with_completion () function to skip
the minibuffer prompt and just pop up the completions window, can you?

Thanks,

Morten