Re: Proposed new addition to Jed...

Good morning, everyone...

On Monday 16 January 2006 04:10 pm, Dave Kuhlman wrote:

> The thesaurus is way cool.  Thanks to Morten Bo Johansen and David
> Laird for this.

Actually, the real thanks should go to Morten Bo Johansen for writing the
thesaurus slang file(s) and explaining how it works. All I did was simply
ask if it were possible to have a means to connect to a thesaurus for Jed
and he did the rest. It places Jed clearly atop the pile of Linux/Unix
editors with features that none of the rest support. In this generation,
it seems to me, bragging rights are everything. I humbly submit that
having one of the world's most powerful thesaurus applications available,
a pretty good spell checker and a powerful extensible programmer's editor
gives Jed some pretty extensive bragging rights.

> Hope it goes into the Jed modes repository.

I would hope it would go into the repository so that others, who stumble
upon Jed in their search for the "perfect editor" realize they can have
their cake and eat it too. Maybe we should start a fan club. 8-)

> Also, thank you, Dave, for the explanation of your writing process
> etc.

<grin> You're quite welcome.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave@xxxxxxxxxx)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune For the Minute from Unix fortunes:
This sentence does in fact not have the property it claims not to have.