Re: info_mode: subnodes on call

begin  Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:02:48PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
>> > Open the latex info file, type 'i' and '\]'. (Actually since info_index does
>>
>> Oh sorry. I forgot to say, I can't type in anything. I have a script,
>> that should do this work.
> If you're adding a help_for_word function to latex-mode, wait until
> info_look.sl is finished.  Latex-mode will just set the help_for_word_hook
> to info_lookup() and set the blocal "info_page", help_for_word_at_point() in

Why you don't want to provide a function
info_set_help_for_buffer(info_page) or something else. I think, this
would be a better way to ensure the integrity of datas.

> Guido posted something similar to this list in December that provided online
> help for Latex-mode.

Yes, but he opens the info file and searchs throu like by hand. This
depends very strong on the layout of his known info file. I would prefer
a higher abstraction level, where I tell a function out of info mode,
what I want and this function does it.

>> > The functions in compression.sl are static, and since it doesn't declare a
>> > namespace I can't access them.
>>
>> Which functions? You only need to enable auto_compression_mode.
> I can enable it, but if I don't know if it was enabled I can't restore it
> without some trickery (cf. tar.sl).

Right. There should be a cleanup. John!