Re: info_mode: subnodes on call

begin  Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:52:27PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
>> just now I found info_mode and I'm enthuse. One wish and one question:
>> Don't know how develop this mode, but is it possible to color it? It
>> looks a little bit cheerless.
> Get my improved info.sl from http://jedmodes.sf.net, which highlights
> hyperlinks and headlines.

Yes, great! It looks much better than the standard mode. Can you color
the headline "File: ... Node: ..." too?

>> And now my question: Is it possible to call direct a deeper node?
>> like:
>> $ info latex "Command Index" letter
> My improved info mode has an index lookup command, that would actually look
> through all indexes of an info file, except that in the case of Latex the
> order of menu items seems to be wrong (it lists the Command Index first,

I have a keyword like \] and I know, it must be named in (latex)"Command
Index". How can I get it? I found

#v+
info_find_node("(latex)Command Index");
buffer_keystring("\\]\r");
info_menu();
#v-

but it doesn't look very nice.

BTW: Something went wrong there. If I'm at a node and hit 'm', I get a
  question with the default answer "...:" (with the ':'). If I hit enter,
  it isn't found.

>> And why doesn't info_find_node work with special characters like $, :, +
>> and ^?
> What do you mean?

I'm wrong. This couldn't work.

And some principle question:
* Why do you use skip_chars("...") and not
  skip_chars("^complement of...")? Is this faster?
* Why do you have your own compression handling? Is compression.sl not
  usable?

And DEL doesn't work at me. Backspace scrolls backward.

Joerg.