Re: info_mode: subnodes on call

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:02:48PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> > Open the latex info file, type 'i' and '\]'. (Actually since info_index does
>
> Oh sorry. I forgot to say, I can't type in anything. I have a script,
> that should do this work.
If you're adding a help_for_word function to latex-mode, wait until
info_look.sl is finished.  Latex-mode will just set the help_for_word_hook
to info_lookup() and set the blocal "info_page", help_for_word_at_point() in
Günter's help.sl will call the hook and the hook will call info_index().  In
short, open a Latex document and press F1.  Right now
help_for_word_at_point() just does a bget_word(Slang_word_chars) so if you
want help for "\]" it will just say "don't know what to give help for".
We'll look at that when Günter gets back from vacation.

Guido posted something similar to this list in December that provided online
help for Latex-mode.

> > The functions in compression.sl are static, and since it doesn't declare a
> > namespace I can't access them.
>
> Which functions? You only need to enable auto_compression_mode.
I can enable it, but if I don't know if it was enabled I can't restore it
without some trickery (cf. tar.sl).