Re: info_mode: subnodes on call

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:52:27PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just now I found info_mode and I'm enthuse. One wish and one question:
> Don't know how develop this mode, but is it possible to color it? It
> looks a little bit cheerless.
Get my improved info.sl from http://jedmodes.sf.net, which highlights
hyperlinks and headlines.

> And now my question: Is it possible to call direct a deeper node?
> like:
> $ info latex "Command Index" letter
My improved info mode has an index lookup command, that would actually look
through all indexes of an info file, except that in the case of Latex the
order of menu items seems to be wrong (it lists the Command Index first,
which only has a "Prev" link to Concept Index, which is listed next).
The next version will have hooks for Günters help_for_word function, and
many bugfixes.

> And why doesn't info_find_node work with special characters like $, :, +
> and ^?
What do you mean?