ispell_region (Was: Re: some jedmodes)

JED wrote:
> With the above changes to runpgm.sl, you should be replace the ispell
> code to the more simpler version:
>
>          () = vrun_program_fg ("%s %s", command, tmp);
>
> If something like this proves useful, I will add it to the next release.

Looking closer at the patch it only seems to be needed to have the
command run in the foreground even under X.  But I can do that with
Romano's idea to call system() #ifdef XWINDOWS, and #else call
run_program, so I don't need to include the patch in ispell.tgz.  But
there may be other X-programs for which JED should wait.

Guenter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know from LyX, that it must be possible to integrate ispell/aspell into
> a programms UI. Maybe the solution would be to let jed hand over the words
> in the region one by one (or would this be a waste of ressources)? BTW,
> how is this done in emacs?.

In emacs it's done one line at a time, probably to waste less resources.
Emacs' ispell.el is 3000 lines, so there may be easier ways.

JED wrote:
> I think that this can be done without too much effort by tweaking the
> version of ispell given in
>   http://www.ruptured-duck.com/jed-historical/msg00517.html
> I encourage you to look at it.

By now I have tweaked it, but not to check the region.  Then I went back
to my own ispell.sl and now that does check a region, in a badly broken
way (handing the words one by one).  I haven't made up my mind yet.  If
anyone wants to help, send me an email.