Re: Re: some jedmodes

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:26:01PM -0500, John E. Davis wrote:
> Romano Giannetti <romano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Really nice, thank you! May I propose a more general version? This one works
> >for jed and xjed and is i18n wise :-), and it will not jump to bob() every

Yes, the bob(); line is just a leftover from Ulli's code.

> I have a somewhat more general solution that you may want to try.  In
> jed/lib/runpgm.sl, you will find:

(patch to runpgm.sl)

> With the above changes to runpgm.sl, you should be replace the ispell
> code
>

> to the more simpler version:
>
>          () = vrun_program_fg ("%s %s", command, tmp);
>

> If something like this proves useful, I will add it to the next release.

It would be VERY useful to be able to run programs in the foreground, you
could add a lynx action to help_for_word.

Would the patch to runpgm.sl be more stable/safer than shelling stty?  I
would like to add a fullscreen ispell to the JMR ispell package.