Re: Re: Re: some jedmodes

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:59:14 +0100 wrote Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > With the above changes to runpgm.sl, you should be replace the ispell
> > code to the more simpler version:
> >
> >          () = vrun_program_fg ("%s %s", command, tmp);
> >
> > If something like this proves useful, I will add it to the next release.
>
> It would be VERY useful to be able to run programs in the foreground, you
> could add a lynx action to help_for_word.
>
> Would the patch to runpgm.sl be more stable/safer than shelling stty?  I
> would like to add a fullscreen ispell to the JMR ispell package.

A foreground ispell on the buffer or a region is a nice thing, and the
vrun_program_fg() function surely powerfull not only for this.

However my wishlist will still have an jed-integrated ispell_region() on it
(may be no longer in top position). I know from LyX, that it must be
possible to integrate ispell/aspell into a programms UI. Maybe the solution
would be to let jed hand over the words in the region one by one (or would
this be a waste of ressources)? BTW, how is this done in emacs?.

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de