Re: [jed-users] Updating the buffers

Repeating myself here but, bufed mode lets you do this and it's been built
into the stock release forever.

Esc-X bufed, cursor down to select the modified file, hit enter to open the
buffer, when it says "File changed on disk.  Read from disk? (yes or no) ",
enter "yes". The dired mode does something similar.

I find bufed and dired incredibly useful when I'm dealing with lots of
files. YMMV, but if you're willing to do a little slang hacking, you can
always copy the bufed_update function into your jedrc file and bind it to
some key combo like Esc-R.