Re: [jed-users] Updating the buffers

On 23.02.18, Martin Klaiber wrote:

> ... In my case the document is never changed by

> two editors at the same time. So I don't have conflicts and I don't
> need a version control system or have to fiddle with diff and patch.

> I think a collaboration editor would be more than I need.

> I am working on one document on two machines. And all that I want is
> that I don't have to open and close the editors every time when I
> change from one machine to the other. That's all.

I often use two xjed instances on my desktop, sometimes also with the
same file. When I safe to file in one instance, the buffer in the other
instance gets flagged (with -d- in the status bar) after a screen update
(cursor move, say). Then I can choose to re-load the file with File>Reload
(Alt-F L). For me, this is sufficiently efficent and I stay in control.
(You can also bind the "reload_buffer" function to a key-combo of your
choice.)