Re: [jed-users] Updating the buffers

Hi Roland,

Roland Hughes <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Automatic buffer update would be really really really bad. While I wouldn't
> be offended at some kind of pop-up querying "document has changed on disk,
> would you like to reload?" with ok/ignore buttons, auto-loading would be
> horrible.

I understand your concerns and you are generally right. I just would
like to have it as an option in /this/ case.

It would also be fine if jed would ask me if I want to reload the
buffer when it tells me that the files on disk have changed. But it
doesn't. It just asks me if I want to edit the (outdated) buffer,
and if I say "no", nothing else happens. If I say "yes" I don't get
the data of the changed file.

To my opinion there is an alternative missing: how can I get the
contents of the file changed on disk? I can edit the outdated buffer
but I can't update/reload it. At least not by the command which tells
me that the file has changed on disk. I have to reopen the file which
is not very comfortable.

Thanks,
Martin