Re: [jed-users] Updating the buffers

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Martin Klaiber
<martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am working on one document on two machines. And all that I want is
> that I don't have to open and close the editors every time when I
> change from one machine to the other. That's all.

If you run JED on Linux (or some *nix), and you are willing to run JED
in a terminal, you can use dtach.

http://dtach.sourceforge.net/

I run bash inside of dtach, and the use that bash shell to launch jed.

You could possibly use "sceen" instead of dtach.  I've always preferred dtach.

https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/

If the terminal sizes are different, then the display may be incorrect
on the "inactive" computer.  Just press CTRL+L when you start working
on the "new" computer.  This will refresh the terminal size and then
redraw the display.

Cheers,

Parke