Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc woes

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:37:53AM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
> Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Neither cmode.sl nor cmisc.sl contain the term setkey so where are
> > those assignments made?
>
> The files uses the definekey function.
>
> [...]
> > A little experimenting showed me that that same file named any of:
> > a, f, m, t, r, z, ax, mc or boo are all treated as C files.
> >
> > This is the first line of that file:
> > %   User Initialization file for the JED editor  -*- slang -*-
>
> The above line causes the buffer containing the file to use
> slang_mode, which utilizes a number of functions from c_mode, and
> shares the same keymap.

Hi John,
    Thanks for those answers, pardon me if I still have questions.

    I found 'begin_macro' and 'end_macro' assigned to separate keys
in some of the modes but when I tried to setup a function to toggle as:

define macro_toggle ()
{   !if (DEFINING_MACRO)
    {   begin_macro ();
    {
    else
    {   end_macro ();

I get 'begin_macro is undefined', so what is begin_macro?

I see statements like these and don't understand them:

() = function ();

variable = ();

Explain please?

Thanks,