Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc woes

Howdy John,

    Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't help.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 05:40:55PM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
<snip>
> Where is your setkey statement located with respect to the
> evalfile("cua") line?  It must be located after the evalfile line.

All my additions are at the end of the file, well after including 'cua'.

> The recommended procedure for adding new keybinding is to put those in
> a keybindings_hook function.  In your case, you would add the
> following to your .jedrc file:
>
>   define keybindings_hook (name)
>   {
>      if (name == "cua")
>        {
>           setkey ("\e^H", "yp_bkill_word");
> 	  return;
>        }
>   }

Did this but it didn't help.

I suspect that what's biteing me is this in site.sl:

_autoload("mode_get_mode_info",         "modeinfo",
          "c_mode",                     "cmode",
            ... for many more modes

    As I said earlier '^BS' is tied to "c_mark_function" which is in
cmisc.slc which is autoloaded from cmode.sl. I suspect the autoload
is over-writing my assignment to "yp_bkill_word".
    Does that make sense to you?
    Is there a work- around short of commenting out site.sl's autoloads?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Mike

PS:
Do the order of the parameters to 'setkey' not matter?
MM
--
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.