Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc woes

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 09:02:00AM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
> Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     As I said earlier '^BS' is tied to "c_mark_function" which is in
>
> I am a bit confused about the key sequence that you want to use.  In
> an earlier email, you said:
>
>   > setkey("yp_bkill_word",         "\e^H");        %   ^BS
>   >Your keyboard may not be mapped the same because I've set mine
>   >up using 'loadkeys' to make bash's readline editing functions
>   >work like I want they to.
>
> Are you saying that you modified the kernel keyboard translation
> tables to make the sequence "Ctrl-B S" generate "ESC Ctrl-H"?
> You can see what key sequences jed sees by running it via:

Yes.

>   jed -l keycode -f keycode

When I press ^BS (="Ctrl-B S") this reports '\e^H'.

> Also, in the *scratch* buffer, what does the menu entry
> "Help->Describe Key Bindings" report?

These from the key bindings list generated from the 't' buffer:
( 't' is the name of the file I'm editing and a copy of .jedrc)
    TAB                     indent_line
    ESC Ctrl-A              c_top_of_function
    ESC Ctrl-E              c_end_of_function
    ESC Ctrl-H              c_mark_function
    ESC ;                   c_make_comment
    :                       c_insert_colon
    {                       c_insert_bra
    }                       c_insert_ket

These from the key bindings list generated from the 'scratch' buffer:
    TAB                     indent_region_or_line
    ESC Ctrl-H              yp_bkill_word
    :                       self_insert_cmd
    {                       self_insert_cmd
    }                       self_insert_cmd

    This and the fact that 4 functions I defined show up in both lists
convinces me that my stuff is getting loaded then the key to function
assignment for 'ESC Ctrl-H' is over written.
    I still don't see a fix.

> The autoloaded functions do not affect keybindings, unless the file
> that gets loaded explicitely calls a setkey command.

So far I haven't found 'setkey("c_mark' in any *.sl file,
certainly not in cmode.sl or cmisc.sl.

BTW, I mis-stated earlier when I said putting my assignments inside:
    define keybindings_hook (name)
    {
        if (name == "cua")
        {
didn't help, it actually kept my stuff from loading.

Thanks for the tips about "^h k" and "Help->Describe Key Bindings".
It's an interesting challenge trying to configure an editoe I don't
know how to use yet but other people's key assignments just don't
work well for me. I prefer to tell the computer what to do rather
than vise versa.

Thanks for your suggestions, any idea where I should go from here?

Mike
---
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.