Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc woes

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 08:56:46PM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
<snip>
> Those are C mode bindings, but I do not know why C mode would be

Neither cmode.sl nor cmisc.sl contain the term setkey so where are
those assignments made?

> activated for a file/buffer called "t".  In any case, when C mode is
> loaded, it redefines some keys, and in particular binds the ESC Ctrl-H
> sequence to c_mark_function.  What you need is a C mode hook, or more
> generically a global mode hook.  I suspect that the latter will work
> better for you.  So I suggest adding the following to your .jedrc file:
>
>   define global_mode_hook (hook)
>   {
>      local_setkey ("yp_bkill_word", "\e^H");
>   }
<snip>

Thanks John. That patch works quite well.

A little experimenting showed me that that same file named any of:
a, f, m, t, r, z, ax, mc or boo are all treated as C files.

This is the first line of that file:
%   User Initialization file for the JED editor  -*- slang -*-

I can see where modehook.sl looks for the '-*-' tag to determine
a files type but don't see where a default is set. Where might that be?

Thanks,
Mike
--
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.