Re: jed-pre0.99.19-202 is renitent

Wrong. Installing the header files (libslang*-dev) alongside a binary
install will suffice.

This is not what John Davis was telling me.

Anyway, it is just beyond me that jed's configure fails (nay refuses) to check for the SLang library in /lib. You are emphasizing that it would not be necessary after installing this and that. We are not together.

I have a very simple personal solution:

(1) A symlink in /usr/lib to the SLang library in /lib.
(2) A copy of require.sl and now glob.sl in jed's lib.

It works, no extra installs.

frank