Re: jed-pre0.99.19-202 is renitent

frank <y199mp1505@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Indeed, my ubuntu does not have them nor there is any
> indication in INSTALL.unx that they are needed. There is no
> such indication anywhere. And actually, they can be

The INSTALL.unx file is not geared towards any particular linux
distribution.  If you were to install slang from source, then this
issue would not arise.  It is only a problem because some linux
distributions have split off slsh into a separate package.  To better
deal with this issue I will add a note about this to the INSTALL.unx
file.

[...]
> The only module that has to be duplicated seems to be
> require.sl. As an example, there is not one single call from
> the entire jed's lib to functions in structfuns.sl. So in

You are correct that structfuns.sl is not yet used by jed's library
files.  However, that is very likely to change.  Another file that is
used is glob.sl.  Once the slang profiler and debugger have been
integrated into jed, even more files will be required.

> order to get that one file of 1303 bytes users have to
> install extra libraries?

Let me repeat: An extra package is not required if you build slang
yourself from source.  It is needed only if you have chosen to make
use of a prepackaged version of the library where the library has been
split into multiple packages.

I hope this helps.