Re: Anything in .jedrc defaces jed

knowledgeless@xxxxxxxxx <knowledgeless@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/1/07, John E. Davis <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The line must end in a semi-colon:
>>
>>    IGNORE_BEEP = 0;
>
> I tried to run jed with the -n option and still it starts with that
> bad colorscheme. I wonder if that is the night color scheme
> automatically loading!

The default color scheme is black3.

> Jed works normally with the above single line. Only when I add a
> second line

Which line?

> does it behave like mentioned above. I forgot to mention, that
> everythign goes black - meaning black text on black background - shows
> up as no text.

It looks like an error. If there's an error on startup, Jed falls back
to a compiled in layout that is not the emacs scheme.

> Also since when I installed Etch. sometimes both emacs and jed take
> quite long (about 2 minutes I think) to start).

On Etch? Does this also happen on a -batch run? Where does jed stay and
wait?

> This happened onyl sometimes before but now it happens always when on
> console.

Do you use xjed or jed? Did you set the DISPLAY variable to an invalid
host and use xjed.

>> Also, what does
>>
>>    jed -batch
>>
>> produce?
>
> Normally it produces no error but I put the second TAB_DEFAULT line
> and ran jed -batch with the followign output:
>
> $ jed -batch
> /home/mowgli/.jedrc:2: Expecting ;: found 'TAB_DEFAULT'
> /home/mowgli/.jedrc:2:<top-level>:Syntax Error

Sorry for being rude, but I would at least expect you read what the
editor types out. Or what's unclear with Expecting *;* found
'TAB_DEFAULT'?

Regards, Jörg.
--
Der Mensch hat die Atombombe erfunden.
Keine Maus der Welt käme auf die Idee, eine Mausefalle zu konstruieren.