Re: Anything in .jedrc defaces jed

On 6/3/07, Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> $ jed -batch
> /home/mowgli/.jedrc:2: Expecting ;: found 'TAB_DEFAULT'
> /home/mowgli/.jedrc:2:<top-level>:Syntax Error

Sorry for being rude, but I would at least expect you read what the
editor types out. Or what's unclear with Expecting *;* found
'TAB_DEFAULT'?

You're not being rude. But it took me awhile to notice the ; since it
looks the same as : and reading atleast on my screen : and ; both
looks the same. Had there been a space or atleast a ' ' in the error
line, I'd have noticed. I read it but could not understand why the
error contained two : :

It's been solved now though and thank you. I'll be more careful now
before reading the jed -batch errors.

Regards,
mowgli