Re: Anything in .jedrc defaces jed

On 6/1/07, John E. Davis <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The line must end in a semi-colon:

   IGNORE_BEEP = 0;

I tried to run jed with the -n option and still it starts with that
bad colorscheme. I wonder if that is the night color scheme
automatically loading!

Jed works normally with the above single line. Only when I add a
second line does it behave like mentioned above. I forgot to mention,
that everythign goes black - meaning black text on black background -
shows up as no text.

Also since when I installed Etch. sometimes both emacs and jed take
quite long (about 2 minutes I think) to start). This happened onyl
sometimes before but now it happens always when on console. In X, both
emacs and jed start normally. I wonder if this has to do anything
emacs?

This started after I put an sl file under /etc/jed.d - night.sl and
renamed it to 60jed_night.sl . I removed it but jed ( and emacs still
start slowly on console)

Also, what does

   jed -batch

produce?

Normally it produces no error but I put the second TAB_DEFAULT line
and ran jed -batch with the followign output:

$ jed -batch
/home/mowgli/.jedrc:2: Expecting ;: found 'TAB_DEFAULT'
/home/mowgli/.jedrc:2:<top-level>:Syntax Error
Traceback: evalfile
/usr/share/jed/lib/site.slc:3075:command_line_hook:Syntax Error
 Local variables for command_line_hook:
       Integer_Type command_line_hook = 0
       Integer_Type command_line_hook = 2
       Undefined_Type command_line_hook = Undefined_Type
       Integer_Type command_line_hook = 0
       Undefined_Type command_line_hook = Undefined_Type
       Undefined_Type command_line_hook = Undefined_Type
       String_Type command_line_hook = "/home/mowgli/.jed/jed.rc"
       Undefined_Type command_line_hook = Undefined_Type
Error encountered while executing command_line_hook

Thanks a lot. I think there should be a syntax manpage for jedrc too.

Regards,
mowgli