Re: x-keydefs.sl

G. Milde wrote:

I just updated x-keydefs to set the corresponding variables to "" for IBMPC.

Please find the updated file (version 2.5.5)  on
jedmodes.sf.net/mode/x-keydefs/

Do you think the values for wjed could differ?

Wjed returns basically the same keystrings as console jed. I tried
the listed keycodes and wjed acts the same except

Key_Alt_Return      "^[ ^M"

I have another idea for a future release. How would it be if
win32 jed / wjed / dos jed would convert the 'strange' keycodes
into keysyms (hex numbers) and then convert those into keystrings
just like xjed does (xkeys.c)?

There would be no more  #ifdefs in keydefs and x-keydefs.
I think it would also be possible to add some key combinations that
are not working in DOS, and most of all, jed would no longer return
\x00 in keystrings. Also the keystrings could be set with set_keysym.

I found the code to do that in FLTK and it seems that it would not
be too hard to implement it in jed.

Is anybody interested in such a system?

Does anybody know if the tables in xkeys.c will cause problems on
DOS (limited size of data segment)?

Marko