Re: x-keydefs.sl

On 17.01.06, Marko Mahnic wrote:
> John E. Davis wrote:

> > Are these key definitions used only by brief.sl?

> These definitions should be used in the modes that use the
> numeric keypad. These are at least brief.sl and edt.sl.

Besides the numeric keypad, there are definitions for key combinations that
are commonly used on the IBM-PC but missing in keydefs.sl like Shift-Tab.

> Before that edt.sl should be modified to use the Key_KP_X variables.

Actually, there are quit a lot of modes in JED_ROOT/lib that should be
modified to use Key_* variables (be it keydefs.sl or x-keydefs.sl).

> Unfortunately after looking at x-keydefs.sl I see that it is missing
> the definitions in the DOS section, so it is not yet suitable for
> the jed library.

> I will see what I can do for edt.sl and x-keydefs.sl in next two weeks.
> If I am not able to find time to fix it, I suppose I will leave it
> for the next release.

Maybe someone with Jed under DOS or Windos could help to find
out the strings sent by

 Key_Ctrl_Tab
 Key_Alt_Tab
 Key_Shift_Return