Re: x-keydefs.sl

On 19.01.06, Marko Mahnic wrote:

> Wjed returns basically the same keystrings as console jed. I tried
> the listed keycodes and wjed acts the same except
>
> Key_Alt_Return      "^[ ^M"

Thanks Marko. I changed back Key_Alt_Return to be "\e^M" on IBMPC as well
(x-keydefs version 1.5.6) as I think it will not harm on the DOS console
and be helpfull for wjed.

> I have another idea for a future release. How would it be if
> win32 jed / wjed / dos jed would convert the 'strange' keycodes
> into keysyms (hex numbers) and then convert those into keystrings
> just like xjed does (xkeys.c)?

I am not sure about this. keydefs.sl is here for some years now but a lot of
modes still use the #ifdefs and static keystrings.

But not using jed on DOS any more, I am not the right man to decide.

Thanks again,

Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de