Re: your mail

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:41:07 +0100, "G. Milde" <g.milde@xxxxxx> said:

> You mean the up arrow key sends a ESC [ A but Key_Up is "\eOA"?
Yes.

> The keys are defined using

> variable Key_Up		= setkey_via_terminfo ("ku", "^[[A");
get_termcap_string("ku") gives me "\eOA" in screen, but in the vc where I'm
writing this it says "\e[A".  The Keyboard-and-Console-HOWTO says

  When the terminal is in application cursor key mode the cursor keys
  produce  Esc O x  and otherwise  Esc [ x  where x is one of A,B,C,D.
  Certain programs put the terminal in application cursor key mode; if
  you kill them with kill -9, or if they crash, then the mode will not
  be reset.

          % echo -e '\033c'

  resets all properties of the current VC. Just changing the cursor
  application key mode is done by

          % echo -e '\033[?1h'

  (set) and

          % echo -e '\033[?1l'

  (clear).

  When the terminal is in application keypad key mode the keypad keys
  produce  Esc O y  and otherwise  Esc [ z ~  for certain y and z.
  Setting application keypad key mode is done by

          % echo -e '\033='

  and

          % echo -e '\033>'

  clears it again.

If I type

echo -e '\033='

at the prompt in screen the cursos key does send a '\eOA' and cal works as
expected.