Paragraph reformatting functionality

HI!

It's so wonderful to have found this mailing list. I've been using Jed for years now, since '00 at least. I wanted to know if it's possible (and if so, how) to do the following:

- I want to bind format_paragraph to a key (say, CTRL+semicolon, like "^;")

- I want a format_paragraph that formats the paragraph according to the indentation of the first line of the paragraph. Currently, if I call m-x format_pagraph in the second line of a paragraph, and that second line starts from column 0 (where the first line starts on column 2, say) then the entire paragraph is reformatted to start from column 0.

- I want to make it so this new format_paragraph could format paragraphs which start out with bullets or hyphens or numberings* to have a hanging indent. That is, I want this:

- this is an item. It goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. - this is another item. It, too goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

to look like this:

  - this is an item.  It goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on
    and on and on and on and on.
  - this is another item. It, too goes on and on and on and on and on and
    on and on and on and on.

from anywhere that I press that ^; button. (I see paragraphs as being separated by blank lines).

Thanks!

- Roey Katz
longtime JED user