Re: your mail

On 17.01.06, Paul Boekholt wrote:

> Tip of the day: you can use JED in utf-8 mode in the Console.  Install the
> 'screen' program and add this to your .screenrc:
>
> setenv LC_CTYPE en_GB.UTF-8
> screen jed
> encoding UTF-8 ISO8859-15
>
> type 'screen' at the prompt and JED should start in utf-8 mode.  Of course
> you can only actually see those characters that are in your charset.  Also
> the linedrawing characters in the menus are messed up.
>
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:53:21 +0100, "G. Milde" <g.milde@xxxxxx> said:
>
> > Besides the numeric keypad, there are definitions for key combinations that
> > are commonly used on the IBM-PC but missing in keydefs.sl like Shift-Tab.
>
> In utf-8 mode under screen and also under xterm, both keydefs.sl and
> x-keydefs.sl seem to get Key_Up and friends wrong.

x-keydefs does simply require("keydefs") to get the Key_* variables defined
there. Obviously, they should behave identical regarding the
Key_[Up|Down|Right|Left] keys.

> The cursor keys work as expected, but in cal.sl I've used keydefs to define
> calendar movement keys. The keybindings I get are

> ESC [ A 			previous_line_cmd
> ESC O A 			calendar->forward_day( -7)
> iow, the up  arrow key sends a ESC [ A and not a ESC O A, etc.

You mean the up arrow key sends a ESC [ A but Key_Up is "\eOA"?

The keys are defined using

variable Key_Up		= setkey_via_terminfo ("ku", "^[[A");
variable Key_Down	= setkey_via_terminfo ("kd", "^[[B");
variable Key_Right	= setkey_via_terminfo ("kr", "^[[C");
variable Key_Left	= setkey_via_terminfo ("kl", "^[[D");

so I guess there is something wrong with your terminfo database or more
probabely the TERM setting.

Guenter

--
Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de