Re: recent.sl Was: new development version of jed available

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:02:35AM +0200, G. Milde wrote:

[snip]

> With sl_utils.sl >= 1.5, this change should not be necessary (but it
> doesnot harm). _implements() was introduced to allow re-evaluation of a
> mode defining a namespace while debugging or extending.
>
> This feature is included in the new (slang-2) version of implements(), so
> the definition in sl_utils.sl actually is
>
> define _implements(name)
> {
> #ifexists _slang_utf8_ok
>   implements(name);        % SLang 2 has a re-evaluation save implements()
> #else
>   if (length(where(name == _get_namespaces())) and _debug_info)
>     use_namespace(name);
>   else
>     implements(name);
> #endif
> }

Thanks Günter.

The above code is not in the version of sl_utils.sl that I
obtained from http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/cvs/mode/sl_utils/sl_utils.sl.
That new slang 2 version has not been released yet, right?

The version of sl_utils.sl that I have is:

%         1.3.1 2004-03-22
%           bugfix in contract_filename() error if  HOME
%           environment variable is missing (report Thomas Koeckritz)
%         1.3.2 removed max(), as it contradicts the intrinsic max() definition
%               (which resembles array_max() from datutils.sl)

Should I get sl_utils.sl etc from some other place? If you are not
ready to release the slang 2 versions of your modes, I can wait.
Let me know when you want us to try them and where to get them.

By the way, when, in Jed, if I do ^H v, then type
"_slang_version", I see:

    Integer_Type _slang_version: value = 20004

Which tells me that jed really is using slang-2.0.4, right?

Thanks again for the slick modes and extensions.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman