Re: recent.sl Was: new development version of jed available

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:58:23 -0700, Dave Kuhlman <dkuhlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> The above code is not in the version of sl_utils.sl that I
> obtained from http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/cvs/mode/sl_utils/sl_utils.sl.
The link points to a backup in the webspace, should be updated.  If you
have cvs you can get the latest versions by typing

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/jedmodes checkout mode

That should give you a local directory tree of the cvs, which you can update
by typing

cvs update

> That new slang 2 version has not been released yet, right?
Yes it has, slang 2.0.2 and higher.  From the changelog:

11. src/slang.c, src/slnspace.c: There was a conflict between private
    and static namespaces that arose when _implicitly_ loading a file
    into a specified namespace.  Resolving this issue involved the
    complete separation of the private and static namespaces.

> Should I get sl_utils.sl etc from some other place? If you are not
> ready to release the slang 2 versions of your modes, I can wait.
Slang2-proofed modes still work with slang 1, so there is no separate
slang2-tree of jedmodes, and even if you still use slang 1 you can
update.  If a file hasn't been slang2-proofed yet you can easily fix it
yourself by moving all autoload()'s above the implements() and moving all
variable declarations below the implements().  If there's no implements()
it's already slang2-proof.