recent.sl Was: new development version of jed available

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:12:29AM +0200, G. Milde wrote:
> On 27.07.05, Dave Kuhlman wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded and built slang-2.0.4.
> >
> > Then I applied your latest patch file.
> >
> > Looks good.
> >
> > Except the enhanced version of recent.sl from Jed modes no longer loads.
>
> Which version of Jedmode's recent.sl are you using? There where updates
> recently to make the "jedmodes" SLang2-proof which might solve your
> problem.
>
> % 3.1    2005-03-34
> %        *  made slang-2 proof: A[[0:-2]] --> A[[:-2]] (P. Boekholt)
> % 3.2    2005-04-02
> %        * code cleanup and reorganisation
> %        * recent_load_file is now static (was public)
> %        * synchronize recent files file between different running sessions
> %

Guenter, thanks for your reply and your help.

Yes. I have the above version of recent.sl, specifically recent.sl
version 3.2.  I obtained it from
http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/mode/recent/.

But, your comment suggests that I might have other .sl files that
are out of date.  I have a number of other files that I have
obtained from jedmodes. I've tried to update them, but I'm
wondering if I still have something that recent.sl depends on that
is out of date.  Or, maybe I have a .slc file that is out of date.

So, I created a new private jed directory.  I downloaded new
versions of all the files required by my .jedrc.

Now all is well.  recent.sl (the version from jedmodes) is working
fine with Jed B0.99.17-111 and slang-2.0.4/.

I had to make one change in recent.sl.  I changed:

    _implements("recent");

to:

    implements("recent");

on line 80.  Is that something that should be changed?

I really like jed and I really appreciate recent.sl.  Thanks John
and Guenter.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman