Re: Jed-B0.99-17 and slang-pre2-r1 - some issues

Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I also noted that you need to set DISPLAY_EIGHT_BIT = 128 in jedrc in
>order to show any of the UTF-8 characters. Settting it to 160 - as is the
>recommended value for unix systems - does not work.

I just did an experiment and was able to reproduce the problem.  I
think that you are running jed in a UTF-8 enabled terminal but you are
not setting your locale properly.  This means that jed does not think
it is running in UTF-8 mode.  What is the value of the
_slang_utf8_mode variable?  I suspect that it is 0.

Before running jed in a UTF-8 enabled terminal, set the locale via,
e.g.,

   setenv LANG en_US.UTF-8