Re: Jed-B0.99-17 and slang-pre2-r1 - some issues

Paul Boekholt <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:40:59 +0100, Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> > 3) DFA syntax highligting in my po_mode is totally broken
> Here too, also on 49X (w/ slang 1).  However removing the po.dfa worked
> here.

A long time ago I changed the default location for the DFA tables and a
little rascal leftover "po.dfa" was in the old place. I removed it and it
is now okay.

> >    With these settings I can see most of the UTF-8-demo.txt as it was
> >    meant to be, but not all of it.
> I'm mostly seeing question marks (I don't have a UTF8 locale installed).

If you are using Debian, you can just insert

  en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8

in the file /etc/locale.gen and then run the command locale-gen. Using
country specifik UTF-8 locales such as e.g. da_DK.UTF-8 UTF-8 causes an
"locale not supported" error message from Xlib.

> > 5) I am also getting the "excess junk left on stack" message from .jedrc.
> I think that was covered by the new enable_dfa_syntax_for_mode().

I replaced the old enable_dfa_syntax_for_mode () with the one posted by
John, but I still get this error. Did I need to anything else?

John E. Davis <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Morten Bo Johansen <mojo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >3) DFA syntax highligting in my po_mode is totally broken

> Is your po_mode available somewhere?

Yes on http://jedscripts.freelinuxhost.com/files/po_mode.tgz, but the
problem is solved as per above.

> I use this: -misc-fixed-medium-r-*-*-*-200-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*
> There is nothing I can do it a font lacks support for a particular
> character.

When I use this font, it still does not look quite right. I am
attaching a very small screenshot with a portion of the screen
that looks garbled. If I cat the demo file, it looks fine.

Morten