Re: When a new version of JED will be released?

Thei Wijnen <T.Wijnen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>There has been some discussion about new features in the
>isearch command in the last few days. I have another
>suggestion that seems usefull to me:
>  Can you make the isearch command such that it also
>  terminates searching when you type a cursor key ?

On Unix, the search will terminate this way.  If you are using
windows, then you might try changing:

	   case 0xE0:
	     ungetkey (c);
	     break;

	   case 0xE0 or case 0x0:
	     ungetkey (c);
	     break;

in isearch.sl.

>A second request is that I often use keymacros to edit tables,
>however I often run out of macro-buffer space when doing a
>lot of cursor movements. Can the buffer be doubled in size ?

The size of the macro buffer for 0.99-17 has been doubled from its
previous value.  Rather than doubling it again, I would rather change
the buffer from a fixed size to one that can grow as needed.  However,
such a change is not very high on my list of things to do.

Have you considered writing a slang function to edit such tables?
Such a function would be far more flexible than a keyboard macro.