New 0.99-17 snapshot available

Hi,

Today I found time to put together a new development snapshot of jed
0.99-17.  The source and windows binaries (linked to slang2) are
available from

   ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/jed/v0.99/pre-0.99-17/

In this directory, you will also find the latest version of slang 2. I
strongly encourage you to download slang2 and build jed against it. In
addition to the many slang 2 features, you will also be able to enjoy
jed's support for UTF-8.  Of course if you do not know what UTF-8 is,
then you can live without it.  But if you do, then please read
doc/txt/utf8.txt for the state of the UTF-8 support.  Another reason
for upgrading to slang2 is that I anticipate seeing slang code that
makes use of slang2 features that simply will not work with versions
of jed compiled with slang1.

If you are a windows developer knowledgeable about Unicode
and UTF-8 under windows, then I would be most appreciative for any
UTF-8 specific patches for that platform.

Finally, keep in mind that this release is a development snapshot.
The bulk of my work on jed since the last stable release (0.99-16) has
involved using it as a test-bed for slang2.

--------------Changes since the last snapshot----------------------
38. lib/modeinfo.sl: The mode_name argument of mode_set_mode_info is
    now optional.  If not present, the function will use the current
    mode.
39. lib/isearch.sl: Kris Arndt (kris at polygosis, com) noticed that
    CASE_SEARCH was not being preserved by the "perform_search"
    function.
40. lib/site.sl: The "." has been removed from the jed search path.
41. src/buffer.c: New buffer hooks:
     format_paragraph_hook, mark_paragraph_hook,
     backward_paragraph_hook, forward_paragraph_hook, color_region_hook
42. lib/colors: New stock color objects: url, bold, underline, italic.
    Also Mark Olesen contributed black4.sl.
43. src/indent.c: New intrinsics: get/set_line_color may be used to
    get or set the color of the current line.
44. lib/mailedit.sl: A new mail editing mode.
45. lib/lua.sl: Contributed by Reuben Thomas
46. lib/mailutils.sl: contains some reusable code for dealing with
    mail headers.  mailalias.sl changed to use it.
47. src/unix.c,file.c: Added patch from gutojm at gmail, com to
    preserve setuid bit when writing files.
48. lib/srchmisc.sl: (replace_with_query) After replacing a
    zero-length pattern, move right to avoid replacing the _same_ 0
    length pattern again.  The solves the problem reported involving
    the replacement of the regexp $-assertion.
49. lib/isearch.sl: Patches from Lloyd Zusman and Paul Boekholt to
    implement a wrap-around search.