Re: asynchronous process problem

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:18:33PM +0100, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:06:58AM +0100, Paul Boekholt wrote:
> > I would expect that process output coming in chunks would also be a
> > problem with the JMR flyspell_region (that sends ispell the text one line
> > at a time), when there are two misspellings in a line I would expect the
> > second one to remain unnoticed. This is not so. Also, when I process the
> > text quoted above with the Dutch dictionary with the "block"
> > flyspell_region, everything becomes red.

When I check it in british however (with some misspellings), it doesn't
work right - it works better with many misspellings than with a few???
Ispell sends an empty line for every line that does not have any
misspellings - apparently all the empty lines calling the output handler
cause a race condition.

> The problem is, you never know how much comes at a time, especially if
> ispell has a lot to do (more than one misspelling, large personal
> dictionary, ...) and/or there is a heavy workload on the machine.
>
> What is worse, the split can occure in the midst of a suggestion, say.
                               ^^^^^^
> This is why my "asynchroneous" ispell did collect output in a string
> variable and checked for a "end of output signature" (output ending with
> "\n\n") before processing. I think the method can be used for ispell and
> flyspell alike.
Your personal dictionary could be a lot smaller :-)