Re: Shift_Tab and X-windows

begin  Günter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, for the end user setting keystrings with x_set_keysym is not really
> straightforward(although documented):
> you have to find out the keycode, find

That's not difficult with xev.

> out or invent a sensible keystring and bind keysym to keystring and

That's what distrub me, too.

> keystring to action. So there are times I wish xjed had a keybinding
> function that takes key descriptions in the custom "x-way" (like <Shift-F2>
> or <Alt-Ctrl-Del>) (even mutt has it despite of being non-X).

ACK. Where is the problem? A big keydefs.sl could define for all keycodes
a variable and you call a function x_setkey(action, Modifier, key). If
modivier is an integer, it should be possible to define variables for
them and then call
#v+
x_setkey("do_something()", Key_Shift & Key_Control, Key_Tab);
#v-

Is this possible John?

Joerg.