Re: Shift_Tab and X-windows

begin  Günter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear jedies,
>
> However, XF86 Version 4 uses by default the xkb model for keyboard layout
> mapping. The use of .Xmodmap is not recommended (as far as I understood the
> manuals).
>
> So now again, Shift-Tab is set to ISO_Left_Tab, doesnot send a string and is
> hence ignored by xjed.

Maybe the fault is in xjet itself. I searched a litle bit with google and
I saw, many other programs have had the same problem.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/1999-October/013429.html

And a look at xterm.c tells me some strangs line
	     if (ks >= 0xFF00)

But ISO_Left_Tab sends 0xfe20 how xev tells. I don't know what this line
above should say, but I don't found any other case how 0xfe20 is handled.
But I only looked a few seconds at the code.

And maybe there is another fault in xkeys.c. Because ISO_left_tab is on
0xfe20 it needs an entry in Shift_KeySym_mapping.

This would also fit with the problem, that my multi key doesn't work.

Joerg.

Line 288:
http://iguana.web.cern.ch/iguana/lxr/source/X11/X11/keysymdef.h?v=snapshot