Line numbers and Visible Tabs

Hi,

I have two small feature requests and would like to
discuss them/ask about the possibility to add them:

1. Always visible line numbers.
   I sometimes really need them at the left side, not only
   the actual line number at the status line. Would it be
   possible to have them displayed (of course not in the
   normal text color)?

2. Visible Tabs.
   I often need to edit files normally managed by other
   people and then it's hard to see if there are "real" tabs
   inside --> so I destruct the "layout" of code not written
   by me. If I could "see" the tabs I could insert real tabs
   and everything would be fine.
   I'd love to see something like:

   |-->    text|-->text
   |-->    |-->    text

   with "|-->" drawn in a user defined color. Maybe it
   would even be possible to make the shown string user
   definable.

And 2 final things:
+  Is it possible to make the color & text of the
   [EOB]-marker user definable?
+  I use %F (full path) in my status line but could not find
   it in the manual. Maybe that one should be added.

Okay, thanks for your patience & I'm really looking
forward for the UTF-8 enabled Jed!

Rob.
--
r o b e r t | l i l l a c k