Shift_Tab and X-windows

Dear jedies,

Getting the Shift-Tab key to work with xjed is not easy.
Under Version 3 of xf86 I finally found a solution.

The following lines in my .jedrc

% TAB: unfortunately, Shift-Tab doesnot send any keystring in my
% X-Windows as it is set to ISO_Left_Tab. A line
%      keycode 23 = Tab
% in ~/.Xmodmap cures this problem. Now the following works
x_set_keysym (0xFF09, '$', Key_Shift_Tab);  %  (reverse tab)

and of course the line

keycode 23 = Tab

in my .Xmodmap. made xjed recognizing Shift-Tab.

However, XF86 Version 4 uses by default the xkb model for keyboard layout
mapping. The use of .Xmodmap is not recommended (as far as I understood the
manuals).

So now again, Shift-Tab is set to ISO_Left_Tab, doesnot send a string and is
hence ignored by xjed.

Does anyone have an idea how to setup the xkb so Shift-Tab works again
(without breaking other X-applications)?

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de