Re: X selection and KDE

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:42:07AM -0400, Tom Culliton wrote:

> > For me (Debian Woody with KDE2 and with KDE3-woody)
> > the problem is pasting _from_ jed to KDE-apps:
> >
> >   * The selection does not show up in the kicker.
> >   * It does not insert in Konqueror, the "Run Command" popup, Kate, ...
> >   * However, it inserts in rxvt, mutt, xedit...
>
> I have this same problem with xjed.  Basically anything using the KDE
> clipboard (konsole, klipper, ...) fails, while things that use Xt or GTK
> (rxvt, sylpheed, ...) seem ok.

Oh. _xjed_.  I use plain jed.  I just tried xjed.  I cannot select
and paste from xjed to anything.  I also tried turning off
enable_xmouse, and still could not highlight in xjed and paste
anyplace.

That's no problem for me because I normally run jed in KDE's
konsole and sometimes in an xterm.  But, for those of you who like
xjed ...

  - Dave

[snip]

--