Re: X selection and KDE

Günter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-05-23 09:50]:

> For me (Debian Woody with KDE2 and with KDE3-woody)
> the problem is pasting _from_ jed to KDE-apps:
>
>   * The selection does not show up in the kicker.
>   * It does not insert in Konqueror, the "Run Command" popup, Kate, ...
>   * However, it inserts in rxvt, mutt, xedit...
>
> One more tricky thing: Selecting just up to 3 characters work, 4 characters
> work sometimes.
>
> Pasting _to_ jed from anywhere is no problem.

Same behavior here (assuming you're writing about XJed and not Jed) with
SuSE 8.0 (KDE 3.0, Jed 0.99.15 S-Lang 1.45) and with SuSE 8.2 (KDE 3.1, JED
0.99.16, S-Lang 1.4.8)

Incomplete tests with Widowmaker, fvwm2, mwm, and twm suggest that only KDE
has this problem.

I would never have noticed that 3 character pasting works...

-rex