Re: CUA mode - good!

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 12:06:37PM +0200, G?nter Milde wrote:
> Actually, I have the IDE keybindings almost as much internalized as Guido,
> that is why they turn up in CUA as well. OTHOH, I never came across an
> application with F3 == search. Maybe one should restrict the F* keybindings
> to F1 == Help? Other suggestions (+ supporting data)?
F3 is pretty common for search, I'll admit I can't think of many
examples right now but I'm sure someone else wil help. I think
netscape under windows had F3=Search, and explorer too.

> Also on a Linux Desktop it makes jed integrate almost fine.
> (Unfortunately, KDE will not take the X-selection from jed, but this is
> another issue)
And not juse KDE apps, all QT applications. There's been plenty of
discussion about this here but afaik no fix has been found yet.

Anybody? *Please*?

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 21A7 C7F3
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100            1FF3 47FF 545C CB53