Re: CUA mode - good!

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 08:20:13AM +0200, Guido Gonzato wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using Guenter's CUA mode for a while (mostly under Windows), and
> I must say it's a great improvement over the old version.

I am glad to hear this.

> I only have two
> minor suggestions: ^Q should quit jed without asking for confirmation
> (unless buffers need saving, that is)

Actually, this is kind-of prepared (just change the comments on

setkey("exit_with_query",  	"^Q");   % Quit
%setkey("exit_jed",  		"^Q");   % Quit (without asking)

It it is consens, that the confirmation is not needed, I am glad to remove
the exit_with_query (clean and easy approach). Another option would be a
user setting (customizable but a bit bloated).

> , and F3 should invoke a search
> function instead of loading a file as in IDE mode.

Actually, I have the IDE keybindings almost as much internalized as Guido,
that is why they turn up in CUA as well. OTHOH, I never came across an
application with F3 == search. Maybe one should restrict the F* keybindings
to F1 == Help? Other suggestions (+ supporting data)?

> CUA-mouse is very good, too. It makes Wjed feel like native Windows
> applications.

Also on a Linux Desktop it makes jed integrate almost fine.
(Unfortunately, KDE will not take the X-selection from jed, but this is
another issue)

> I suggest that the new CUA mode be included in the next Jed release.

This would be nice indeed.

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de