Emulating?

I'm pretty new to Jed.  I've spent all of my years programming under
Windows, so I'm trying to mimic the Visual Studio editor in Jed via a shell,
not under X.  I've managed to build my own .jedrc file pretty well, but
there are some things I can't seem to do.  I'd really like to use shift- and
ctrl- home, end, left arrow, etc... but I'm not sure that is possible under
VT100.  Any help, advice, resources and the like will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan Swan