Re: Emulating?

yeah right wrote:

> I'm pretty new to Jed.  I've spent all of my years programming under
> Windows, so I'm trying to mimic the Visual Studio editor in Jed via a shell,
> not under X.  I've managed to build my own .jedrc file pretty well, but
> there are some things I can't seem to do.  I'd really like to use shift- and
> ctrl- home, end, left arrow, etc... but I'm not sure that is possible under
> VT100.  Any help, advice, resources and the like will be greatly
> appreciated.

Ctrl & Shift plus "control keys" are somewhat problematic
because AFAIK there exists no termcap definition for them
(the terminal emulator is unable to tell the program which
control sequences it sends for those key combos because
there exists no "slot" for that combos in the terminal
capabilities data base).

But, depending on your terminal emulator, there may
be control sequences sent for those combinations. Check
out the manual to learn how to get the control sequences
your terminal sends and then assign those sequences to Jed
functions.

And be shure to include keydef.sl (IIRC) into your .jedrc
to have all keys for which termcap entries exist correctly
assigned. And read the terminfo man page to learn more
about terminal capabilities etc.

Regards, Rob.
--
r o b e r t | l i l l a c k