jed and email

For various reasons, I need to change editors.  I am looking at the
possiblility of using Jed.  One thing I need to know before I invest time
in learning how to set up Jed - can Jed wrap quoted email intelligently?
That is can I select a quoted section of email, tell it to wrap and get
something that is wrapped but still well quoted?

Ex.

> This is a poorly wrapped
> quote from an email.  Sometimes this happens due
> to snipped text.
>
> Sometime it comes from a user who does not have word wrap turned on so that you get this incredibly long line that really should be wrapped.  We don't want to send this one without wrapping it properly first, do we?

Becomes this:

> This is a poorly wrapped quote from an email.  Sometimes this happens
> due to snipped text.
>
> Sometime it comes from a user who does not have word wrap turned on so
> that you get this incredibly long line that really should be wrapped.
> We don't want to send this one without wrapping it properly first, do
> we?

Thanks,
dar